Central Coast Watercolor Society
Central Coast Watercolor Society
The Aquarius 2021 Show will be a virtual show. Complete information is in the show prospectus shown below.
Robert Burridge is a painter in all media, national juror, college and national workshop instructor and is the Honorary President of the International Society of Acrylic Painters. Signature Member of both the Philadelphia Watercolor Society and the ISAP, his honors include the prestigious Crest Medal for Achievement in the Arts and the Franklin Mint Awards. He was invited to have a solo exhibit of his abstract paintings at the San Luis Obispo Museum of Art. Burridge’s country studio is located on California’s central coast in San Luis Obispo County.
“In 1985, I turned my passion into my second career. I retired from industrial design and became a full time, contemporary fine art painter, moved to California’s Central Coast and prepared to paint the rest of my life. Today, besides painting, I am an invited juror for international art shows, a college and national painting workshop instructor, and teach a fine art mentor program in central France. It is said, ‘Your heart doesn’t know how old you are.’ For me, it’s true. Painting everyday in my small studio overlooking the Pacific Ocean, I feel like a kid again playing with color, design, paint and canvas, which reminds me of the saying, ‘It’s never too late to be what you always should have been.’ Follow your bliss!”
For more information: https://robertburridge.com
1st, 2nd, Juror’s and 2 Honorable Mentions
February 1 Digital submission, online entry form, and mailed entry fee due by 10pm
February 14 Posting on CCWS website of accepted artists and winners
Entries are limited to two original paintings per artist. Paintings must be primarily watermedia on natural or synthetic paper or paperboard, and unvarnished. No stretched canvas. Collage may be used as long as watermedia is the dominant element. No computer-generated art, photography, prints or reproductions. Work must have been completed during the last three years and not previously shown in a CCWS exhibit. Paintings done in a class or workshop are not eligible. Source material must be original and not derived from any published images.
· File format must be JPG, at least 300 dpi but not to exceed 8MB.
· Image must be cropped to show only painting; no matting, background or frame on image.
· Each photo or file shall be named with the artist’s Last Name, First name and title of the work only: Example: Smith John My Cat (NO COMMAS)
· Image(s) must represent the painting(s) exactly.
· Email image(s) to Aquarius2021@ccwsart.com
· Digital image(s), entry form and fee must be received or postmarked by 10pm February 1, 2021
Go to www.ccwsart.com/aquarius-2021-show.html to create and complete your entry for 1 or 2 paintings. You will be asked to agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this Aquarius 2021 Prospectus. Please read the entire Prospectus. Entry form, image and, if applicable, fee must be received or postmarked by February 1, 2021 Once submitted, you will receive an email confirmation.
You will need the following information to complete the online entry form:
· Your name, address, email & phone number
· Title of painting
· Dimensions of painting
· Year Completed (2019, 2020, 2021)
· Medium – watercolor, water media (specify), collage
· Entry form and image(s) must be received by 10:00 pm, February 1,2021
· Entry fee for current CCWS members for one or two paintings is included in the 2021 membership dues.
· Entry fee for non-members for one painting is $30, two paintings is $40. For Non-Members wishing to join CCWS, $30 includes membership in CCWS for 2021 AND covers entry fee for one painting or two paintings.
· Fee must be paid by check or money order, payable to Central Coast Watercolor Society, or CCWS. No cash please. Entry fee is non-refundable and should be mailed to:
· Central Coast Watercolor Society
P.O. Box 2418
Nipomo, CA 93444-2418
The juror will make selections from digital images. Only one entry per artist will be selected.